Chicago Bears - Chicago, Illinois
The Chicago Bears retained CSL to provide a Rate Card Analysis of sponsorship assets, having not significantly adjusted their rate card in 10 years and experiencing a reduced rate of revenue growth. Prior to this analysis, the Bears set pricing based on internal comparisons, property insights and general industry knowledge.
During the course of this analysis, CSL conducted multiple discussions with the Bears and performed the following tasks:
- Toured the Stadium to understand current Bears assets and potential options in the future.
- Thoroughly reviewed all current and historical materials provided by Bears, such as rate card, how inventory is sold, sponsorship performance, TV viewership, website and social metrics and category exclusivities.
- Performed a comparative analysis of other NFL teams, other professional leagues and the local market.
- Analyzed the Bears top sponsorship assets to understand the value each asset represents to a corporate brand.
- Determined the fair market value for sponsorship assets and provided a recommended investment for each individual asset.
- Conducted a comparative analysis and impressions analysis on the Bears inventory.
- Developed strategies regarding the packaging of individual assets.
Along with specific inventory outlined in the Engagement Letter, CSL analyzed the social media value and created a Social Media rate card. CSL also outlined recommendations related to: reducing the quantity available for certain inventory elements, rates for Intellectual Property, category exclusivity, minimum thresholds for sponsorship, videoboard pricing and new stadium landmarks.